- If only we took him at his word about wiping a nation off the map.
- If only we had not let him go nuclear.
- If only we had realised that the cold war safeguard of 'mutually assured destruction' only worked between rational minds.
- If only we had understood that A-jad considered his own people totally expendable martyrs in the Jihad's ultimate - global and nuclear - suicide bombing .
- If only we had registered his maniacal belief that this death and destruction would usher in the era of the hidden imam; for whom he had built a grand roadway into Teheran as one of the first acts as president.
And finally .... if only we had not let him out of New York alive!
Many have speculated how many tens of millions of lives could have been saved if Hitler had been assassinated at any number of opportunities that presented themselves. Had Hitler won the war, such of us that survived might now be speaking German.
After A-jad's war, people may not be speaking at all.